Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A Rebel or a Goody-Two-Shoes?

Life is short.  You wouldn't know what will happen the next minute you walk out of the door or when you go to bed.  Sometimes I live a lazy life.  Get out of bed, make a cup of coffee even without brushing my teeth and sit in front of my lappie browsing through FB.  I was numb, I was dreaming, I wasn't awake, because I believed we need to spend quality time with our self.  At this moment, our parents will come knocking on our door. 

"Hi there, what are you doing?"
"Hi Mum, nothing."
"Nothing?  Why don't you go for a jog?  Or you should go do some ... ... ... .... ......  "

There were always tons of things waiting for me to get it done, or at least find 'something' to do.  Parents always know what's best for us, isn't it?  But do they really understand our needs?

I was always a Rebel in my family.  Don't get me wrong.  I'm 100% truthful, loving, & definitely a filial daughter.  I love spending time with them.  Being a rebel doesn't mean breaking their hearts.  The world doesn't stop spinning.  Clock ticks.  Times change.  People improve.  Things aren't the same every decade.  We have our own thoughts and ideas bout life every now & then.  Can our parents accept them?  Yes they can (I always believed that) but it takes time.  I simply LOVE my mum!  She always keeps herself updated bout things.  Communication breakdowns were the last thing I wanted in my family.  But we can't escape them. 

Parents are like listeners.  I don't wanna be in the comfort zone & do the norm.  I do not care if the majority doesn't like my music because I believed I have a group of people who understands me & my music. 

It's time for you to spend some quality time with yourself & start noticing if you have ever understand your own needs.



So, what are you?  A rebel or a goody-two-shoes?



Desiree
-I must love what I do or I'm soulless-